The Writing Process (jan 27, 2009)
Reading Romano's "Blending Genre, Altering Style" moved me to set down the text and pick up a pen. Except for a creative writing class or two in college, I was never encouraged as a student to stray from literary analysis or research papers in my English classes. It was so refreshing to read, "the quality of writing that I get to read is often much truer...the power of the multigenre form makes the information real" (p. 5). Looking back at my own experiences, I feel like we spent so much time exploring the writing and ideas of published authors and theorists. Clearly, there is value in that discussion, however, I think the danger is that we lose the opportunity to develop our own voices as writers and thinkers. The concept of a multigenre paper is so exciting because it encourages students to think outside of traditional boxes. Further, students are more likely to enjoy writing as it becomes a more personal art. Romano also explores the relationship betwee...

LOVE! Love, love, love.
ReplyDelete