split pea soup

Wednesday afternoon I made a pot of split pea soup. Boy, it was delicious. There is nothing better than homemade soup, crusty bread (though I long for a decent bread shop as you well know), cheese, and apple slices. I could eat this three times a day, all fall long. I may regret these words as soup is one staple my grad student budget can afford. Coming to think of it, I remember one miserable experience involving too much asparagus porridge. If you haven't experienced the affects of mass asparagus consumption, ask me or my fellow farmer friend about it. Oh dear. Still, I will appreciate mugs of homemade soup for as long as I can. Pair 'em with thick wool socks, MPR, and a cuddly dog to lap up your bowl's remains...perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13