kicked out of the farmer's market!

After an unproductive, lazy Friday, I woke up decidedly early this morning. With Ray Ray by my side and the sun shining, I headed to the midtown farmer's market. In the middle of buying some colorful heirlooms from a farmer friend, market authorities informed me that barking Ray Ray must be removed from the premises. I was disgruntled; a couple heirlooms scattered as Rachel knocked off my sunglasses. As I rearranged my bags, I was approached a second time. This time, the authorities didn't have the opportunity to mutter much. "I'm leaving!" I said. "Don't worry!" I was a bad mother. I looked longingly at the bread stand; the bakers' actually had some good looking loaves left! Usually, the bread baskets are empty by the time I arrive. As banished Ray Ray and I exited the market, a nice iron gate caught my eye. I'll tie her up! Brilliant! Defiant, I marched back into the market and bought my bread!



Home, I toasted the "kitchen sink" bread and paired it with jam and an article about Marc Jacobs in the New Yorker. He's a character. The bread was crusty, seedy, and had dried fruit including figs (or dates, not sure)! After cleaning up the apartment, I did my Saturday long run. Twelve whole miles! wooo

Comments

  1. This picture reminds me of the raisin pecan bread at New French Bakery located off 26th Avenue just south of Memory Lanes. After toasted, it tastes great all by itself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13