36 weeks...

So, what's going on at 36 weeks?  Here are a few observations.

Baby...
Baby is an acrobat.  This doesn't surprise me as the first ultrasound at about 6 weeks revealed the little guy bouncing up and down and throwing bows in his pod (throwing bows= dance move, throwing elbows).  Now, he thinks it is hilarious to kick me in the rib cage and let his foot linger for a while.  He likes to somersault during class discussions  and distract me from my eager 11th graders.  He is clearly displaying early signs of class clown.  This is worrisome.  He also tends to move when I (or he?) is hungry.  Instead of a 5 o'clock cocktail, I get a 5 o'clock kick in the ribs.  :)  I love it.

Me...
My belly bump is for real at this point.  Although, at parent/teacher conferences, several of my 11th grade parents expressed utter dismay when I said "Yup, so I only have four more weeks left...(eyebrow lift/grimace/anger)...because I am due April 1st."  But really folks, the bump is there in full force.  In my opinion, it is much better to have a nice round bump rather than weird lumps that don't add up to much.  Unfortunately for me, this didn't really happen until about 32 weeks.  So, I basically have 8 weeks of embracing the belly.

My exercise motto lately has been "consistency."  I stopped running at about 33-34 weeks and now I am pretty much a gym rat.  I rotate between the stairmaster, bike, and elliptical.  The main goal is to get to the gym, work up a sweat, and try to enjoy the machines as I hope to be out running again post-pregnancy.  Don't hate me, but my body actually feels great.  I have no aches, pains, or cramps.  Pregnancy has become the new normal.  I do feel pretty bad for Rachel the dog.  I try to get a few good long walks in with her every week but she MISSES RUNNING so much.

I love being a teacher.  My students are some of my biggest supporters.  Since I told them the news, these kids were so excited for me and they remain curious, courteous, and joyful.  They tried to guess the gender and when I revealed that it was a he- the class exploded into a cheerful uproar.  Everyone had something to say.  When I bought a couple cute maternity outfits, I felt like I was walking the red carpet.  The girls were ecstatic.   I told them it was my "embracing the belly look."  The expression caught on and now they'll say, "Hey, Ms. V- is it an "embracing the belly day?"  "It certainly is."  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13