The 3rd Trimester RETURNED

Those who've recently experienced pregnancy will know what I mean when I say I have feel like I have been pregnant FOR-EV-AHHH  and, simultaneously, I cannot believe that I beginning to count weeks to the "due date."

On one hand, I am anxious to move without restriction, and I can't WAIT to wear something other than my pregnancy clothes (ugh!).  But, on the other hand, it is a little sad to think that I have only eight weeks or so of feeling kicks to the ribcage and waking up to disco parties in my uterus.  When I give myself a chance to pause, I am able to appreciate the miracle of carrying another life inside of my own!

This week is our spring break- Mike and I have the same one this year (again! yay!).  Three years ago, I was waiting for Misha to be born.  This waiting is not so different.  It is really difficult to imagine meeting this little one and bringing her home.  Even though there are less unknowns than the first time around (for instance, I KNOW that everything is mainly trial and error so I KNOW not to worry about it all ahead of time), there is the ultimate mystery of who this little soul is.  What is she going to look like?  What will make her calm?  What will make her smile?

Looking back at my journal from the early days with Misha, I wrote:

"Over the past few weeks, I have really come to realize that Misha is definitely the same kid in my womb.  This may not surprise anyone, but it astounds me!  He wiggles, kicks, sleeps, and wakes the same way he did inside.  I had already come up with a few personality traits in utero- high energy, funny, and patient (he put up with my constant movement, moving seemed to calm him).  Misha is all of these things" (May 6, 2013).

How would I characterize the little nugget growing inside of me? A little shyer than Misha.  She didn't want to be seen when we've had ultrasounds.  She also doesn't like to show off when I am around others- her biggest dance moves happen when I am alone or sleeping.  Though, she did kick her dad in the back one night.  He could feel it through my belly!  So, perhaps she is more laid back than Misha but not timid.  :)  What else?  Responsive to touch.  Movement calms her in the same way as Misha.  And hungry!  She is bigger than Misha was- Misha always measured small, but she is measuring in the 64% or so in terms of size.  I think she really appreciates food.

So, we shall see how this all plays out.  Based on my observations, I predict a larger, calm baby with a big appetite and a powerful kick (future soccer player?  or...runner???).





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13