oh, hello.

It's been a while.  I know.  I started to outdo myself with the monthly mommy posts.  Misha is an objectively small wonder, but the world is full of wonder and it is okay if he isn't always in the spotlight.  Especially on the interwebs.

So...what ELSE?

My classroom is a space that restores me and my gratitude for life.  It is my book club.  Unlike adults, teenagers are reckless.  They don't think twice about criticizing Langston Hughes, and then, in the same breath, commenting on the relevancy of his 1926 commentary on white supremacy and artisthood.  In my class, it is OK to change your mind.

Besides Langston Hughes, we've been reading this by bell hooks, this by George Orwell, and watching some of this.

At home, I have been reading this and listening to this!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13

38 weeks....

Weekly Menu- 5/30-6/3