Molly's Bruschetta



I had a request for the bruschetta recipe so I thought I would share with all my delightful readers.  I adapted the recipe from an Italian cookbook and I adapted the basil pesto recipe from Moosewood.

First, you need:
2 crusty, fresh baguettes, cut diagonally* into thin slices. 
3-4 garlic cloves- minced.

Then:
Turn on broiler.
Place directly on oven rack.  Broil for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
Spread a pinch of minced garlic cloves across each piece.

Tomato pesto:
Chop grape tomatoes into small pieces. 
Use scissors to cut thin strips of fresh basil.
Sprinkle a little of each on each slice and arrange on platter.
Drizzle olive oil across the slices.  Grate fresh pepper and sprinkle sea salt on top.

Basil Pesto:
Blend in food processor: Basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt
Spread on slices.
Place a dab of goat cheese on each slice.

Ta Da!  

*Cut diagonally so that there is prime bread surface.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13

Misha Man Celebrates 1 month!