Molly's Bruschetta



I had a request for the bruschetta recipe so I thought I would share with all my delightful readers.  I adapted the recipe from an Italian cookbook and I adapted the basil pesto recipe from Moosewood.

First, you need:
2 crusty, fresh baguettes, cut diagonally* into thin slices. 
3-4 garlic cloves- minced.

Then:
Turn on broiler.
Place directly on oven rack.  Broil for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
Spread a pinch of minced garlic cloves across each piece.

Tomato pesto:
Chop grape tomatoes into small pieces. 
Use scissors to cut thin strips of fresh basil.
Sprinkle a little of each on each slice and arrange on platter.
Drizzle olive oil across the slices.  Grate fresh pepper and sprinkle sea salt on top.

Basil Pesto:
Blend in food processor: Basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt
Spread on slices.
Place a dab of goat cheese on each slice.

Ta Da!  

*Cut diagonally so that there is prime bread surface.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Writing Process (jan 27, 2009)

Genre and The News (April 4, 2009)

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13