Summertime Weekend Toodling

This past weekend was of the toodling variety.  What's toodling, you ask?  Toodling involves doing this and that, following one's whims.

Friday was a fairly lazy day.  Mike and I declared Fridays as "M-Cubed Day," a day of adventures with little Misha. We were talking about going to the Landscape Arboretum (our wedding locale) this past Friday, but Misha fell asleep and, consequently, I fell asleep and then motivation drifted along with us to dreamland.  Lucky for us, the day ended on an effortless high note when our dear friends came over and made dinner Nicaraguan style, complete with our favorite tostones (fried plantains!).

Saturday morning, I headed out for a longish run with another old friend along river road.  Often, I take Rachel the dog or Misha with me when I run, so running solo feels like a treat.  I love my little home team, but I feel so light with my hands free.  Post run, Misha and I checked out our local farmer's market.  Not many vegetables yet, but there was ICED COFFEE and plenty of bakery vendors as well as some upbeat music.  Later, during an afternoon downpour, another friend stopped by to announce happy news about an impending baby!  Soon, Misha will have another friend in the neighborhood!  Woohoo!

Saturday dinner was in celebration of Father's Day (Mike's first!). I made burgers stuffed with cheese at his request.  Paired with a really juicy watermelon and our old standby sweet potato fries, it was  summertime dining at its finest.  Mike opened some gifts as Misha dazzled us with his cuteness.

On Sunday morning, I hit the road early with Misha to run with a different friend along river road.  After a quick turn around, I packed Misha up and headed to my church as Mike got ready for his weekly church gig.  Misha has attended church with me twice now- it is fun to bring him as everyone is SUPER excited and they SHOWER him with attention.  A man sitting in front of me announced how much he loved Misha's mustard yellow Gap jeans.  When I acknowledged that they were too big for him, the man said, "Oh no!  He's rocking the gangsta style!"  Oh my goodness.  I love Unitarians.  Sunday concluded with a sunny walk with another dear friend AND THEN...a crowd of folks came over to our place for grilling and watching NBA basketball!

Phew!  A whole lot of toodling!  Toodling can be exhausting.  Duly note.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13