Goings On...

You know the song, "It's the most wonderful time of the year..."  That's pretty much my mantra starting around Thanksgiving week and wrapping up in mid January. As I write this post, I am listening to the holiday station (programmed on all household and vehicle radios) AND Mike is currently buying out Menard's stock of holiday lights.

Here's a glimpse of the weekend's festive and not-really-festive happenings:

Today, The Longfellow Lights Committee prepares this year's awards.  A popcorn bucket and Muppet's Christmas Carol will keep us on task as we cut and glitter (yes, I used glitter as a verb).

Mike and I attended an 8-hour Childbirth Express Class on Saturday.  I should write an entire post about this, but for now, I will say that we feel confident and excited about the birth process.  We also quizzed each other on childbirth trivia all the way home.  True or false- a newborn should have 3 soiled diapers before it leaves the hospital?  (I got this one wrong...Mike got every question correct...responsible parent already established.)

To celebrate a friend's birthday, Mike and I walked to our local pub, Merlin's Rest.  Whenever we go, I am reminded how lucky we are to live five blocks away from this cozy establishment.  The place was packed with happy locals.

We're planning a mid-December Christmas Party- cookies, caroling, and eggnog.  I am working on a cookie list while Mike is compiling Christmas Carol lyrics so people actually know the verses.  I am thinking family favorites for the cookie list- molasses cookies, Grandma Jean's sugar cut-outs, peanut blossoms, and my favorite, BISCOTTI!

Still running!  I completed a refreshing 7 miler with Rachel (my tried and true running buddy) on this foggy morning.  I continue to appreciate living near river road as there are lots of places to sneak a pee (more and more necessary as the pregnancy calendar progresses).  I have become quite the ninja pee-er.  Post-work runs are especially easy in this area as the sunlight goes down so darn early!  You won't hear me complaining as I pop a squat...  (Okay, I will spare you further details).  

Okay, its time to hang some lights!!!  More soon!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13