athletic goals

I am a sucker for athleta and title nine catalogues. I love the photos and supporting captions: triathlete, vegan cook, and full-time mom. Decidedly, these titles don't truly capture the whole woman, but they do manage to inspire me to live up to my full potential. I can see it now~ Molly: high school teacher, marathoner, x-country coach. Ha. Oh dear.

Regardless if Title Nine calls me in for a photo op, I am setting some new goals for this upcoming running season.

1. Run a sub 2hr half marathon; shoot for a 1:45!
2. Be more consistent with weights and x-training.
3. Get Women's Running Collective back on track! (We've been doing some casual x-country ski outings, but its almost time to get serious about running again).
4. Try to amp up mileage to between 100-120 miles a month. (I've been doing around 85-90 miles on average).

We'll see on this goes over...

My first half of the season is April 26th. It will be fun because my high school has a team! There are only a few of us teachers running the half (as opposed to the 5k or 10k) but it will be great to see familiar faces!

My 10 week half training kicks into gear next week! Currently, I am just building up mileage and working on extending the weekend long run. Rachel the dog has been enjoying getting outside with me on these wintery days. I am so lucky to have my enthusiastic running buddy. She smiles the whole way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13