I'm Obsessed

I'm really having too much fun with picmonkey.  Anywho, the snow is coming down after some initial sleet.  Gotta love the wintry mix.  Luckily, I just got back from a neighborhood stroll with Rachel the Dog so she is peacefully contemplating the snowfall from her perch on our very vintage living room coach.  The sofa is three generations at this point and I can't seem to find one that I like more.

I mean, check this puppy out:
Her 60's floral print actually matches our leather west elm chairs perfectly.  She can fit four plus adults (and multiple dogs). And, she is really comfortable!  I have napped here on many an occasion.

Before I head out the door to work up a sweat at the Macalester gym, here's a run down of this weekend's highlights:

Vinyasa + Restorative Yoga with my friend Julia.  It wasn't a pre-natal yoga class, but I've known the instructor for many years so she was sensitive to altering some poses for me.  I was surprised at how different my body felt- some of the easiest poses pre-pregnancy were the hardest.  

A long walk along the Mississippi and brunch afterwards at Seward Cafe.  My friend Anna and I love the place- "a good grudgy...comparable to how you feel after camping."  

Obviously, discovering pic monkey.

Making Valentines with my neighbor Rose, a craft goddess.

Post-gym, I am heading to Trader Joe's to pick up a couple fixings for two soups that I making ahead for the week and some pizza dough and fixin's for my family's visit this weekend! 
***
I received some enthusiastic comments regarding the weekly menu post so I am going to try to do this more frequently.  Stayed tuned for more about this week's soups and menu later!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13