bread

At about seven pm on summer nights, a panoramic sunset appears as you drive across the marshall bridge into minneapolis. It is right about then that I yearn for a local artisan bakery on Lake Street. The closest place to get a decent dinner loaf is a grocery store. Rustica is far away. There isn't a Great Harvest in miles. And Breadsmith is just stale. Please, won't someone open a lovely bakery? Here are my dream bakeries (coincidentally, both are in san francisco). For further inspiration, ask me about my days at Wauwatosa's La Boulangerie.
Arizmendi! A cooperative bakery that also makes a pizza du jour.
This is a chain bakery but the long wood tables, the croissants, and the quiche always hit the spot and imagine myself in France.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13

YWCA Women's Triathlon Race Report- 8/18/13